Welcoming Chris Lugg

Monday, November 16, 2015

Selmar is thrilled to Welcome Chris Lugg into the role of General Manager – Victoria. Chris has over 15 years’ experience in education, including four years specifically in vocational education and training.

Beginning in Adelaide, Chris’ love of teaching took him to Rockhampton, England and Kuwait. Chris was an early childhood teacher, followed by time as a Year 12 teacher. Chris also undertook marketing and development roles in a number of schools, strengthening his educational management skills.

“My mum was a child care worker back in Adelaide; teaching and learning is in my blood. This is my space, it’s where I belong and what I believe in.”

Never one to stop learning, Chris moved to Melbourne to pursue his business development and management interests through a Master of Business Administration and Master of Marketing.

“I wanted to keep growing within the education industry, to complement my practical education experience. So after loving my time in school management roles, I decided to return to Australia and keep educating myself in the business side of things”, Chris explains.

After a couple of successful marketing roles in the private sector, Chris joined the VET sector. Working for an education provider, Chris had a lead role in developing blended and online learning platforms to cater to modern students’ needs. After three and a half years, Chris was ready to expand his VET experience even further.

Chris explains, “The role at Selmar arose, and really I wasn’t even looking yet. But the reputation of Selmar as a practical, quality focussed RTO was too good to pass up. It was also an opportunity for me to get back to my roots in early childhood education – the VET sector and children, really the perfect fit for me!”

“I have to believe in the product to work for it, and I genuinely believe in Selmar. RTOs can get a bad reputation in the media, so it’s even more important to foster the excellent training providers such as Selmar.”

When discussing his vision for Selmar, Chris says “I want to continue Selmar’s legacy as the industry focussed RTO, the one that prioritises practical skills to enable people to learn with context”.

Make an enquiry

ACPET NRT
Facebook LinkedIn Youtube
1300 223 040Enquire Now