The Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management is a management level qualification designed for leaders in the health and community sectors.
This qualification is an alternate pathway designed to broaden the skills of the graduate across other sections of the health and community Services industry, whilst still having relevance to the Aged Care environment.
It will assist you in getting the best out of your team and will enhance your upper level management skills. Graduates are able to conduct themselves as managers in the Community Sector and Aged Care industry with a holistic approach that focuses on best practice.
During this course you will be covering:
- Leadership, building and maximising team performance
- Effective recruiting, coaching and performance management of staff
- Managing diversity with staff and clients
- Ethics in the workplace
- Managing finances and accounts
- Working to a business model
- Government regulations and quality frameworks including the Aged Care Accreditation Standards.
Selmar is the market leader in Aged Care Management Courses and Training. After completing one of our management courses you will be confident in your ability to handle any situation you find yourself in.
Call us on 1300 223 040 to find out more about our Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management.
Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management
BSBMGT608 Manage innovation and continuous improvement
BSBRSK501 Manage risk
CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
CHCMGT001 Develop, implement and review quality framework
CHCMGT003 Lead the work team
CHCPOL002 Develop and implement policy
CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
CHCPRP004 Promote and represent the service
CHCCOM003 Develop workplace communication strategies
CHCDIV003 Manage and promote diversity
BSBINN601 Lead and manage organisational change
BSBHRM512 Develop and manage performance-management processes
BSBFIM601 Manage finances
- If you are in a management role in the community sector or have previously undertaken one of these roles, you are able to gain automatic entry into this course.
- Hold a qualification at Diploma level or above relevant to work in the community sector or have sufficient experience and knowledge of community work or service.
- If you are in a second in charge role (or equivalent) you will need to have employer support to be able to complete a range of tasks within the workplace
- Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills meet the standards for Advanced Diploma level study
- Completion of a courses requirement form.
Potential job outcomes upon completion of an Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management with Selmar:
- Area Manager
- Coordinator (large organisation)
- Community Care Manager
- Manager (small agency/service)
- Community Development Manager
- Program Area Manager
- Community Education Manager
- Project Manager
- Community Services Manager
- Volunteer Program Manager
Twelve months (one day a month). Workplace training is available to any student who holds a position within the industry they wish to train in. A facilitator will attend the student’s workplace monthly to offer support and guidance. Read more…
- Training comes to you.
- One-on-one training.