As a nationally recognised qualification, the Certificate IV in Disability enables students to provide individualised support to a diverse range of clients with needs related to chronic disease and disability. The course information includes recognition of healthy body systems as well as providing mental health support and facilitating community participation and empowerment of clients.
The Certificate IV in Disability is delivered through Workplace training mode, enabling students to further their knowledge and career while continuing to work in a position in the industry.
The Aged Care trainers at Selmar are there to support to you throughout the duration of the course. Get in touch with us on 1300 223 040 to find out more.
Certificate IV in Disability
Payment Plans, Direct Debt, Debt/Credit Card, Cash, Catalyst Plus Interest Free Student Loans
Practical Placement Requirements
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
CHCDIS002 Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
CHCDIS005 Develop and provide person-centred service responses
CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
CHCDIS008 Facilitate community participation and social inclusion
CHCDIS009 Facilitate ongoing skills development using a person-centred approach
CHCDIS010 Provide person-centred services to people with disability with complex needs
CHCCCS001 Address the needs of people with chronic disease
CHCMHS001 Work with people with mental health issues
CHCDIS004 Communicate using augmentative and alternative communication strategies.
- To complete Selmar’s Certificate IV in Disability Support, your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills must meet required standards for Certificate IV level study.
- A current National Police Check will be required for practical placement in an Aged Care facility.
- Completion of course requirements form.
Potential job outcomes upon completion of Certificate III in Disability Support:
- Disability Support Worker
- Residential Care Officer
- Disability Supervisor
- Senior Personal Care Assistant
- Development Officer
- Monthly workplace visits — all training comes to you
- No class attendance required
- One-on-one training
- Marking done on site and feedback given on the spot
- Flexible assessment methods
- Employer incentives available to support eligible students
- Read more…