Selmar Institute of Education delivers a nationally recognised Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification to develop your skills and knowledge to perform the role of a trainer, facilitator or assessor in the workplace. This qualification is suitable for those working as trainers and assessors and those individuals working in management or leadership positions that need to coach their staff and communicate in a clear and concise manner.
It has fast become the required standard across many industries for HR and business leaders. This highly sought after training and assessment course is essential if you want to develop your skills and knowledge to perform the role of a trainer, facilitator or assessor in the workplace, an Australian TAFE or any private vocational organisation.
During the 16 week course, you will:
- attend 10 consecutive weeks of classes on campus
- remaining 6 weeks allows participants to submit outstanding assessments
- learn to plan and design learning programs
- facilitate individual, group and work-based learning
- develop assessment tools to assess people in their jobs
- address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- become qualified as a vocational teacher and have the skills to work as an industry trainer
Our Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course is delivered on and off campus, as well as via distance learning.
Call us on 1300 223 040 to unlock your potential today!
Campus, Off-campus, RPL, and Corporate In-house Delivery
16 weeks – 10 weeks campus based, 6 weeks to complete assessments
12 months off-campus
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
TAEDES402A Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
TAEDES401A Design and develop learning programs
TAEDEL402A Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
TAEDEL401A Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
TAEASS401B Plan assessment activities and processes
TAEASS502B Design and develop assessment tools
TAEASS402B Assess competence
TAEASS403B Participate in assessment validation
TAETAS401A Maintain training and assessment information
Individuals wishing to enter the TAE program must be training and assessment professionals or must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in their proposed teaching and assessing area. Vocational competency is defined by IBSA “as broad industry knowledge and experience, and may include, but is not limited to, holding a relevant unit of competency or qualification.” (IBSA, TAE Case for Endorsement, Sept 2014).
Documentation required to demonstrate vocational competence includes:
- Up-to-date copy of an individual’s resume
- Copies of an individual’s relevant qualification/s and statement of attainment
- Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills meet required standards for Certificate IV level study
Potential job outcomes upon completion of Certificate IV in Training and Assessment:
- Training/Assessment Staff
- Training advisor or Training Needs Analyst
- Human Resources
- Managers and Team Leaders
Campus based training
Campus based training is delivered in our St Kilda campus in Melbourne.
- Weekday and weekend classes available.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) allows assessment of the student’s previously unrecognised skills and knowledge.
Off-campus training allows students the flexibility to study in their own time.
Facilitator contact is maintained via phone and email.
- Study at your pace over 12 months.
Corporate in-house delivery
We can tailor the course to your requirements.
Call us on 1300 223 040 to unlock the potential of your workforce.
Make an enquiry
By sending this message, you are accepting to receive communications from Selmar, including internal sales staff responding to your enquiry.