This course will give you the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualties, the incident and other first aiders, in a range of situations, including in the home, workplace or within the community, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
The HLTAID003 unit is delivered as a standalone workshop or delivered in service for clients.
Topics covered in the course (but not limited to):
- Legislation and legal issues
- Introduction to first aid
- Assessment, decision making and referral
- Poisons, bites and stings
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (cpr)
- Heart attack and stroke
- Head and spinal injuries
- Moving, lifting and carrying casualties
- Hypo and hyperthermia
- Foreign body obstruction
- Eye, ear and nose injuries
- Fractures and soft tissue injury
- Unconsciousness priorities of first aid
Public and In-Service
Accredited Short Course
Payment Plans, Direct Debt, Debt/Credit Card, Cash
Prerequisites — This course requires up to 6 hours of online pre-work to be completed by the student prior to attending the workshop session.
Make an enquiry
By sending this message, you are accepting to receive communications from Selmar, including internal sales staff responding to your enquiry.