This course will give you the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualties, the incident and other first aiders, in a range of situations, including in the home, workplace or within the community, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
The HLTAID003 unit is delivered as a standalone workshop or delivered in service for clients.
Topics covered in the course (but not limited to):
- Legislation and legal issues
- Introduction to first aid
- Assessment, decision making and referral
- Poisons, bites and stings
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (cpr)
- Heart attack and stroke
- Head and spinal injuries
- Moving, lifting and carrying casualties
- Hypo and hyperthermia
- Foreign body obstruction
- Eye, ear and nose injuries
- Fractures and soft tissue injury
- Unconsciousness priorities of first aid
Public and In-Service
Accredited Short Course
Payment Plans, Direct Debt, Debt/Credit Card, Cash
Prerequisites — This course requires up to 6 hours of online pre-work to be completed by the student prior to attending the workshop session.