This course provides the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults. This short course is applicable to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies.
Topics covered in the course (but not limited to):
- Legislation and legal issues
- Responding to emergency situations
- Apply appropriate emergency first aid procedures
- Communicate details of the incident
- Reflect on incident and own performance
- Poisons, bites and stings
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (cpr)
- Head and spinal injuries
- Moving, lifting and carrying casualties
- Hypo and hyperthermia
- Asthma management
- Eye, ear and nose injuries
- Fractures and soft tissue injury
- Unconsciousness priorities of first aid
Public and In-Service
Accredited Short Course
Payment Plans, Direct Debt, Debt/Credit Card, Cash
Prerequisites — This course requires up to 6 hours of online pre-work to be completed by the student prior to attending the workshop session.
Make an enquiry
By sending this message, you are accepting to receive communications from Selmar, including internal sales staff responding to your enquiry.