- Assist individuals with personal day-to-day care activities.
- Provide much needed companionship and emotional support during daily activities.
- Executing strategies for managing mental health and other health issues.
- Arrange transport to take the client to medical appointments and outings.
- Liaise with the client’s family and other health care professionals to maintain their care plan.
Why It’s Great
Residential care professionals get a great deal of satisfaction from this role for many reasons: they can see the direct benefit of their efforts reflected in the quality of life provided to the older individual. In this role you’ll meet people from all walks of life with a broad spectrum of experience and history. You’ll develop bonds with many of your clients, which is an enriching and rewarding part of the job. You’ll get a high level of satisfaction knowing that you’ve made a positive difference to someone’s day, every day.