Open up career opportunities within the retail sector with Selmar’s Certificate III in Retail Operations (Food)!
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge to be confident in retail food operations and perform your role better.
During the Certificate III in Retail (Food) course, you will:
- Learn how to provide in-depth product and service advice in a retail environment
- Become confident in selling products and services in variety of retail settings
- Be able to supervise a checkout area
- Lead a team preparing and selling fast food items
- Act as an assistant to a manager of a small to medium store
- Organise and maintain work areas and displays
- Carry out specific responsibilities, such as merchandising.
Call us on 1300 223 040 to unlock your potential in the Retail industry today!
SIRXSLS303 Build relationships with customers
SIRXSLS201 Sell products and services
SIRXMPR001A Profile a retail market
SIRXCCS304 Coordinate interaction with customers
SIRXMER303 Coordinate merchandise presentation
SIRXINV001A Perform stock control procedures
SIRXINV002A Maintain and order stock
SIRXWHS302 Maintain store safety
SIRXRSK002A Maintain store security
SIRXIND101 Work effectively in a customer service environment
SIRXCOM101 Communicate in the workplace to support team and customer outcomes
SIRXWHS101 Apply safe work practices
SITXFSA101 Use hygienic practices for food safety
SITXFSA201 Participate in safe food handling practices
- Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills meet required standards for Certificate III level study.
- Must have successfully completed Certificate II in Retail or have 1 year’s Retail experience.
Potential job outcomes upon completion of Certificate III in Retail Operations (Food):
- Customer Service Representative
- Crew Leader
- Shift Manager
- Team Leader
- Department Manager
- Assistant Store Manager
- Checkout Supervisor
- Merchandise Co-ordinator
Workplace training is available to any student who holds a position within the industry they wish to train in. A facilitator will attend the student’s workplace monthly to offer support and guidance. Read more…
- Training comes to you!
- One-on-one training
- Working hours can be incorporated as placement hours.
Distance training allows students the flexibility to study in their own time. Facilitator contact is maintained via phone, email and placement visits. Read more…
- On-going support and guidance
- Study at your pace over a year.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) allows assessment of the student’s previously unrecognised skills and knowledge. Read more…
Make an enquiry
By sending this message, you are accepting to receive communications from Selmar, including internal sales staff responding to your enquiry.