Who are we?
When Marcus Sellen opened the first the Selmar Institute of Education, his dream was to create a new standard in workplace training. He wanted to design, develop and deliver bespoke training programs that could inspire the next generation of students. Now, twelve years and three national institutes later, his dream has finally been realised.
Today, Selmar Institute of Education is one of Australia’s leading Registered Training Organisations (RTO), delivering dynamic, fully-accredited courses in Aged Care, Disability, Early Childhood and Business education. We offer high quality training both on-campus and in the workplace, ensuring future students go on to meet their employers ever-evolving business needs.
Selmar is a vibrant, energetic organisation that cares about clients, provides open and honest communication, and aims high. They boast successful business relationships and training partnerships with several major organisations. They also believe in the importance of leading and educating the workforce of tomorrow, and empowering businesses to secure, manage and develop human potential.
Since its first institute in 2004 to its present day, state-of-the-art facilities, Selmar have aspired to teach, motivate and inspire students to reach their maximum potential. The only requirement future students need is to be highly motivated and ready to achieve their personal greatness.
What we do really well
We care beyond compliance! Our mission is to provide students with learning opportunities, which enable them to grow and fulfil their potential.
This is captured in our Corporate Values:
- We are a fun, fast and energetic team
- We are the best at what we do
- We set our sights high and we make it happen
- We are open and honest
- We care about our clients and always do the right thing
We are committed to:
- delivering courses that are practical and innovative in their approach
- a focus on industry requirements in the short and long term
- offer value for money
- working with our clients to achieve outcomes that deliver excellent returns on investment
- working with our clients to integrate their content, policies, procedures and ‘their way’ into our training
We do this by:
- working closely with industry to develop our courses
- having the best trainers, facilitators and assessors, who have the relevant course acumen and experience
- creating a positive and nurturing learning environment for our students
- being flexible yet rigorous in our teaching and assessment
- subjecting ourselves to external quality audits and endorsements
- acting with integrity and honesty in all that we do.
Our guiding principles
As pioneers in the RTO industry, our approach to education and assisting businesses and students within Australia is second-to-none, and yet we continue to innovate. In a world where business success is increasingly determined by people’s capacity to adapt and evolve, our courses are flexible yet robust, and blend industry requirements with the content, policies and procedures of our clients.
Selmar students enjoy a positive, nurturing learning environment, with course materials and trainers that are adaptable to suit different student needs. Our practical, innovative programs provide a wealth of opportunities, helping students to unlock their potential and thrive in their chosen career.
Careers Training Group
In December 2013, Selmar Institute of Education became part of Careers Training Group which has united two niche providers, Managed Corporate Outcomes and Selmar Institute of Education and, with the support of specialist private equity firm Anacacia Capital.
Being part of a larger group gives Selmar more capacity to deliver a broader range of Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma training in a range of locations. Click to find out more.
Make an enquiry
By sending this message, you are accepting to receive communications from Selmar, including internal sales staff responding to your enquiry.